Sunday, April 27, 2014
week 14
Sadly I couldn't attend class this last week. We were all on the road playing games and luckily we won all of the games that I missed class for. So even though I wasn't able to learn about anything that we learned in class I still learned a lot from events that happened throughout the week. A couple days ago a huge story came out about the owner of the Los Angeles Clippers. Stories came out that had given proof of the owner expressing his racial thoughts to a women. He said things along the lines of, "I don't want you promoting you being with Magic Johnson." Also mentioning later in the conversation that he would prefer that she didn't bring black people to his games. This incident is obviously huge news over the nation. I particularly am interested in it because I happen to be a huge Clippers fan. Upon hearing of the news I was disgusted to realize that such a horrible person could be the owner of this team. I would hate to be an African American and be a fan of the Los Angeles Clippers. I mean if you're an African American fan of the Clippers you can't even attend a game without feeling uncomfortable because the owner doesn't even want you there. I'm especially surprised that the players didn't boycott the game. Personally if my coach was so racist I wouldn't be playing for him. No matter what color of skin I was. It's hard to see something so disturbing happening in this day in age. Where we all thought we were past the racist and horrible times of our past. I hope that the NBA can solve this situation and that we can all enjoy this game together as lovers of this great sport.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment