Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Week 10

Tuesday: In class on Tuesday we listened to Ed tell us about his life and what he has had to go through. I appreciate what Ed came in and had to say to us. I couldn't imagine being put in his shoes and trying to talk to a group of college students about something so personal. I think that the story Ed tells us about his life is very life changing and moving to everyone listening, not only for people that are transgender, but for everyone. Everyone needs to learn that when the going gets tough you need to fight through it and not just give up on everything. I think that the way Ed tells us about his life experiences really helps us as young naïve students to understand how it REALLY is for someone that is transgender to life. This is how intercultural communication can improve throughout the world. We as a population don't exactly know what it's like to go through such a change or something such as being transgender, which oftentimes will make people feel uncomfortable about the situation or they will act negative toward the situation because it's different from what they learned or what they've been taught throughout their lives. When Ed speaks to our class he seems very comfortable and open about the situation, which in turn makes us as listeners comfortable with him talking to us about it. Today Ed helped me learn a lot about people that are transgender, and I'm glad he is able to spread along his word about all he's been through. Which in turn helps us realize and respect all that he's been through throughout his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment