Sunday, January 26, 2014

Family Tree

Family Tree

When talking to my grandmas about where my roots are I found out that there are a lot of similarities to those of which any north dakotan would have. I know that both my parents were born and raised in the Bismarck, North Dakota, which is where both of my grandma's have also lived most of their life. My last name "Wagner" is of the German decent and means wagon maker or a wagon driver. My grandma wasn't born in Germany but both of her parents were. Sometimes I'll ask my grandma to speak some German to me because I think it's a cool language and it's really fun to learn about alot of my roots. My other grandma was also from the european side of things. Even though I wasn't able to get a hold of her I was able to figure out that the name Morris is from the english and scottish area of the world. I've also been told by my parents that I have a little bit of Russian in me also. Working on this blog has taught me just a little more about where I came from and what my ancestors had to go through to get here. I would love to be able to learn more about my family and be able to see if I'm related to anyone cool! Good luck everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment